UPDATES | COVID-19
Metropolitan Pilates is currently open for in-studio sessions. All our teachers are working in-studio part-time, and they also teach online sessions via Zoom, FaceTime, or Skype.
For your information, this is what you should expect when you return to the studio:
- There will no longer be a waiting area, so please arrive at the studio at your appointed time.
- We require everyone to wear masks in the studio, including during the workout. All teachers and other studio employees are also wearing masks.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entering the studio, and you will be required to sign a Covid-19 waiver stating that you do not present any of the following symptoms: fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste and smell, nasal congestion and a runny nose. We'll also ask you to verify that you have not tested positive and that you have not been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 14 days and that you have not traveled domestically within or outside the United States in the past 14 days.
- Our locker rooms are open for toilets and hand washing only. The showers are closed, and we ask that all clients come to the studio wearing their workout clothing if possible and not use the locker rooms as a changing room. We also ask that clients bring their own water bottles and towels.
- After checking in, clients are asked to wash hands and/or apply hand sanitizer, and then proceed directly to a private workout station.
- Sessions are strictly 50 minutes long so we have time to clean before the next sessions begin. Please do exit the studio promptly when you are finished.
For our part, aside from ensuring that all clients follow the instructions above, we are screening all staff for any signs of illness at the start of their shift, cleaning and disinfecting the restrooms, equipment, and other common areas with EPA-approved Vital Oxide throughout the day, and following the social distancing requirements outlined by the governor's office. We try to keep our doors and windows open and use our fans to improve ventilation. We continue to use our Austin Medical Grade Air Purifier 24/7.