ABOUT OUR PILATES STUDIO IN SEATTLE
Metropolitan Pilates teaches only authentic Pilates and delivers the very best in fitness instruction. Our instructors are certified by M.A.T. Pilates Teacher Certification Program and have each undergone 700 hours of rigorous training under internationally-renowned teacher trainer Dorothee VandeWalle.
Metropolitan Pilates offers private, duet and semi-private sessions and group classes both in studio and online. Our state-of-the-art Pilates studio features 15 foot ceilings, Gratz Pilates equipment, and spacious locker rooms complete with shower facilities. We are located in the University Village shopping center next to Gene Juarez. For easy access to the studio, park in the North garage. All parking is free.
- Sessions and in-studio MatPlus™ classes are by appointment only.
- Pre-registration and prepayment are required for all in-studio and online sessions and classes.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy for in-studio and online sessions. You will be charged for your session unless you call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance. There's no cancellation fee for online mat classes.
- You must wear socks to all in-studio sessions and classes. Barefoot is not allowed. For your convenience, we carry non-slip socks for sale at the front desk.
- Please do not wear jewelry, pants or shorts with zippers (the zippers damage the apparatus), scented lotions or perfume.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
Metropolitan Pilates ensures that its operations comply with the Covid-19 worksite-specific safety practices as outlined in Gov. Jay Inslee's "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" Proclamation 20-25. We have developed a comprehensive Covid-19 exposure control, mitigation, and recovery plan that is available to all clients upon request. Our plan includes, but is not limited to, the following measures:
- Masks are required for every staff member and all clients. If you forget your mask, they're available for purchase at the front desk.
- Equipment has been rearranged into workout stations and each station is kept at least 6 feet apart from the other stations.
- The waiting area has been eliminated.
- In-studio mat classes have been cancelled.
- Hand sanitizers, tissues and trash cans are provided throughout the studio.
- Staff is required to wash hands frequently and upon the start of each session.
- Clients must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Equipment is cleaned immediately after each use with sanitation spray or wipes.
- High-touched surfaces and restrooms are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Clients must bring their own water bottles.
- Showers are closed and towel service has been discontinued.
- To provide better ventilation, doors and windows are open whenever possible and fans are used throughout the day. An Austin HealthMate air purifier is in use at all times.
- All employees are screened for symptoms upon arrival at the studio.
- Clients are asked to take their temperatures before arriving at the studio.
- In the unlikely event that an infected person has been in the studio, we will close until the studio has been thoroughly disinfected.